Wednesday, October 14, 2020

"We have far fewer subscribers than Frog Applause, though"

It pains me to see other creators going through this. I contacted Ed and Melissa to see if I could help in any way. (I was barely able to help myself, though. My readers are the ones who saved me from the chopping block.) As for my subscriber numbers, that didn't seem to be enough to save me in the first place. Plus,  I've been on GoComics since its humble beginnings. Those subscribers didn't pop up overnight. It's been a slow and grueling climb upward and, truth be told, I've probably lost as many subscribers as I've gained at times. That said, I'm not sure subscriber numbers mean much.

Knowing me, you can probably figure out my what captured my delight in the screenshot above. It's old Barnabus Blackoak, papajim and Silly Season. Barnabus comes right out with it. Papajim isn't sure if he's heard tell of it. And Silly Season... I love the subtle putdown at the end. Whack!  In all fairness, though, I think Silly Season doesn't quite have a grasp of all that went into Operation Tadpole. If contacting GoComics had been enough, things would have turned around a lot sooner. As for the comments on FROG APPLAUSE being more entertaining than the comic... At least someone is paying attention. I've been saying this myself, publicly and often, Silly Season. It's not a big secret or revelation on your part. Nothing is getting by these guys. They've got it all under control

Thanks to Teto85 for chiming in.

 #FB00027

Police video from them 1970s

  #FB00891