Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Frog Applause readers are a diverse lot, full of fascinating people...

I can't get past some of the fascinating people I have as readers. People are often known by their occupations or other connections. It's true, some of you are doctors, dentists, lawyers, editors, writers, engineers, professors, physicists... and those are just some of the readers I know about. I love nerds. I know a lot of nerds. I'm one, too. One long-time reader, we all know and love, The Old Wolf, has a very interesting backstory. His mother and father were both well-known actors, the lovely Margaret Draper (1916-2011) and multi-talented Joe De Santis (1908-1989). I enjoy reading about fascinating people.

A detail in Joe De Santis's wikipedia page that caught my eye: "his mother, Maria Paoli, emigrated from Gioviano in the province of Lucca in Tuscany and worked in a paper flower factory." (I like the sound of those three words together... paper flower factory.)

The Old Wolf is pretty amazing in his own right. On more than one occasion, I've had to rely on his expertise in linguistics to bail me out. Thanks, Chris.

#FB00028

Police video from them 1970s

  #FB00891