There is something about wind chimes, rain chains and other outdoor functional creations that I can't get enough of. I love them so much. Anything else like stones or beads or drift wood that dangles... those are okay, but something made of weather-resistant metals and makes a sound (either when the wind blows or when it rains)... ah... I'm crazy silly for stuff like that. I envy people who know how to twist metal, drill holes, and fashion something beautiful from various kinds of metal. The only thing I was ever proud of making myself was a string of bronze or bronze-like bells that I hung on a tree. The rope eventually wore out... so, I scooped up all the bells and never tried again. Every time I go to a thrift store, I look for those same bells with a cannon (I had to look that up)... the top of the bell that has a hole for hanging. My bells were all different in some say. Some ornate. Some bigger, some smaller. They made different sounds. What kind of rope or wire should I have used to string them up?