I think I mentioned to you last year that I'd started a daylily garden.
That project has spun wildly out of control... what began as a remedial effort to fill in the bare spots on my front lawn has taken over and now I have 4 beds and I'm working on a fifth behind the garage.
I've even learned how not to kill the plants!
Once some of them bloomed I went nuts, ever since I've been cramming new ones into the available spaces. I've lost count of what all I've planted at this point - and some are still a mystery because they haven't bloomed yet. Now there's no front "lawn" remaining. It's all pollinator friendly flowering mesic perennials.
Considering how many more new plants I've installed over the summer, I predict that starting next Spring the colors around here are going to be spectacular!
I'll also be planting tulips and Dutch iris bulbs in late fall, so as early as March things are really going to take off.--mengelji
--------------------
Do you have a beautiful garden? Flowers or vegetables or an orchard? Share it with me and the rest of the Bathmat Factory, please. And say something about it, too.