Sunday, May 14, 2023

DNA testing

 


Has anyone RECENTLY gone through genetic testing as offered by various companies like 23andMe, AncestryDNA or FamilyTreeDNA, etc? Did you use more than one service simultaneously?

Are these kits essentially scams not worth the money? What does one get for their money? Which companies provide the "best" package?

A few years ago, I found out that I have two older sisters. I went from being the oldest sister to the third of five! I thought I recalled hearing that some of the tests that people used to get, were proprietary tests that are now unavailable (as before.) Are people only able to find out less about their DNA because the tests?

I'd be grateful for as much information as possible. I'm particularly interested in your own personal experiences and results with these testing services.

The various websites that list the "best" testing companies make me wonder where the advertising dollars for these websites come from.

I can't wait to hear from you all. I don't know why I didn't think of my readership as a source of information before. 

#FB00886

While convalescing...

#FB00834