Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Juha Valjakkala

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Bergenström

Am I the only one who finds this Wikipedia article confusing? Every time this Finnish murderer changed his name, he is referred to by that new name in the article. Maybe it's just me, but I think Wikipedia should stick with Valjakkala's birth name, yet list upfront all the names he's used throughout his life.

Another thing, how many times did he escape prison? Five times? Six times? I lost count somewhere along the way. Are Finnish prisons made of cardboard?

How Valjakkala was ever released is hard to fathom. Do all mass murderers in Finland get released at some point?

Also and while I'm being all fussy, why must they use a photo that makes Valjakkala look like a rock star or somebody?  

This article was brought to my attention because I am a Notable Death editor for Wikipedia and this guy recently died. My main reason for being a death editor is to make sure that cartoonists, illustrators and other creative types get listed and recognized. I am not obsessed with death.

#FB00824

While convalescing...

#FB00834