Sunday, January 8, 2023

6turtle9... hang in there

Things are a mess here. We have gotten battered by all the storms. No electricity since Wednesday. Many trees down, snapped power poles, broken lines, flooding, closed roads, smashed buildings. 


I have never seen winds like that before (Weds. night.)  I have been in tropical storms and severe weather, but this was next level. Gale force 130 mph winds. The wind was not just making the trees sway and bend over, but also swirl around like whirling dervishes. The wind was whipping through like a vortex and snapping like a bull whip. 

I went out on the deck to look during the most violent part, cause I’m crazy like that. It was honestly terrifying. Looking up at the towering redwoods, hundreds of feet tall, and watching them be tossed around like match sticks. I honestly wondered if I should evacuate, but where would I go? Best to just hunker down. 

More winds and rain forecast for tonight. Hopefully it doesn’t get any worse. Power will be out for the week. No running water. Flushing the toilets with rain water. Pining for a hot shower.


This is what the creek normally looks like…






This is what it looks like now…





#FB00753


Animated Cartoons

 Read about it here . #FB00838 .