Friday, June 10, 2022

Overtoot your own horn?

Artist Unknown

Your Self-Promoting Is More Annoying Than You Think


Some guy on Twitter recently started following me. 

I didn't follow him back because my guess is that he just wanted me to follow him in return. (I wonder how many follow-me Tweets he sends out each day.)

Had he written a sentence or two about how he was awed by my standing in the bathmat industry, I might have been tempted to return his follow.

Another reason I won't follow this guy is his annoying self-adulations. There's such a thing as overtooting (and from two different orifices, too.) This guy clearly has no idea how annoying he is. 

I'd rather not reprint his Tweet or copy-and-paste excerpts from his website. You can do that yourself, if you're tempted.

https://twitter.com/burritt_teresa

https://twitter.com/burritt_teresa/followers

_________________________________

Please impress your fellow Froglandians by posting your own maddening piece of pomposity. Post it on the FA-commenting page or email it to me directly.

Write about your current or retired profession. Write about your prowess at the bathmat factory. Make up an attribute, talent (trebuchet loading, etc), or overpraise a professed gift (intelligence, appearance). Anytime goes... just be full of yourself. Are you a "Frog Applause" Superfan (or SuperLawyer like Rotifer)?

I will copy and post your writings here. If you write to me directly, let me know the name you want me to publish.

I can't wait to read your mockworthy drivel!

#FB00412

While convalescing...

#FB00834