Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Birdhouses, rock art, fabric art, metal art, etc.




















































































#FB00849

I have a lot of respect and awe for anyone who can create such masterpieces. I love unusual birdhouses. Anything made with wood-- with an antique look catches my eye. I'm not much for cutesy. 

On a similar subject, my older brother (who I love dearly and who is my hero!) is currently creating several nesting boxes for my aviary.

Did I mention that I had a sudden death event in my aviary? Fifty birds dead in one day. I had to bury them all by myself. I raised most from an egg. I have 19 birds left. In order to build back my cage-free aviary, I'm hoping to entice my little hens to start laying eggs and raising babies. At present, I have a ragtag collection of odd-size nesting boxes that some hens fight over to the point of bloody bald heads. Parakeet hens can be ruthless. I've had hens who sneak into another hen's nesting box and smash all her eggs and kill any newborns inside. My boy parakeets are pleasantly passive. They would NEVER hurt a hen and even between themselves, a lively chase that includes stepping on their opponent's tail or a swift kick that never amount to much is the extent of their violent nature. Little boys have a blue cere. Girls have a brown bumpy cere. It's harder to classify non-albino yellow or white birds. Their ceres are pinkish or a soft lavender. There are two kinds of albinos. I have raised both. A blue series albino is white with red eyes. A green series albino (also called a lutino) is all yellow with red eyes. In my experience, albino hens make the best mamas. I have some hens that love to sit on eggs; others prefer to take care of newborns. I lost most of my best hens to the death event, but I do have a few left. I currently have 12 eggs that I'm hoping will hatch. When they do, I will give them to my newborn-loving hen and her mate to take care of. Some boys are good mothers. They sit on eggs, help to feed the newborns and are relentlessly kind and attentive to their ladylove. My most devoted male parakeet was Jean-Claude. He didn't make it. I don't have anyone even close to Jean-Claude left. Perhaps I will hatch a new Jean-Claude among the new hatchings. It takes approximately 18 days for an egg to hatch and six weeks for a newborn to fly around the room. I could go on and on about my birds. Sorry to bore everyone.

Knorks and medical malpractice...

Teresa, There is a product by this name and I can report that the metal version is very good for eating microwave burritos. They cut much be...