Friday, November 27, 2020

200 words or less...



Lame Readers: Write a story, poem or other creative endeavor (in 200 words or less) that uses the image above as your inspiration. I will post your masterpiece here. Email me privately or post your writing on the Frog Applause page at gocomics.com. If emailing me, kindly let me know how you want your identity to be published.
#FB00157
------------------------------------------------------
3hourtour:

I tended to become blind to the sea in the background, but that was only because the wind that skipped across it was so familiar with its damp saltiness. How I hated being  here. 

I hated the fishing boat, but also the bakery. I was drawn to neither. The building so old and ill maintained that the spackling ever itself decided a generous retreat. 

I smelled the bread, but I did not come for that. Grandma laid close to her final rest. That was my excuse for being her. Anna was why. 

I went to light a cigarette. The wind took offense. I backed into a nook. The smoke laughed and danced at the breeze's expense.  

The frothy bastard.

It controlled everything here. 

I flicked the half smoked fag to the street.

------------------------------------------------------

coltish1:

Lawyers and public officials in the Tuscan town of Luogo di Nascita del Deficiente went scrambling to their legal volumes: they needed to research dominio eminente (eminent domain). It seems the grading crew prepping for the new Tuscany highway bypass got a little carried away and removed part of old Signora Cafarelli’s house. The legal cognoscenti knew they had to look up a specialized section of the statute and case law, because the house dated from 1740.
------------------------------------------------------
Howard'sMyHero:

Hayaku Haiku #1:

DRUNK
Lath needs plastering
Downhill side is hungover 
Living in a binge


Hayaku Haiku #2:

CURTAINS
Dilapidation
Really driving me crazy
But it’s Home Sweet Home

------------------------------------------------------
 

Can Dogs Smell/Tell Time?

#FB00833