Saturday, October 17, 2020

Would you like to shake hands with Rutherford B. Hayes?


From Warped by Michael Cavna. Quotes from Richard Thompson's almanac.

I feel a certain odd kinship with Richard's mind and the way he expressed his thoughts. His quotes sound eerily like something I might have written. I feel weird saying this because Richard was clearly a genius, and I am not. Still, I see some similarities in our prose. Richard once described me by saying, "Poet and cartoonist Teresa Burritt." At first, I was a little taken aback, since I never saw myself that way, but coming from Richard it seemed like a compliment. 

You can't tie down a banjo man!!

This is my Cul de Sac.

If comics were drawn with laundry markers,

this wouldn't happen.

My brother says you shouldn't suck mitten juice.

Ah-- the vinegar scent of a newly bagged comic book!

Attending to the soft scratch of crayon on paper,

the sonorous drone of story time.

He a bulwark of statis in an inactive world!

It's a self-portrait of me making a diorama!

I'll be a PANGOLIN!

Would you like to shake hands with Rutherford B. Hayes?

Use your third eye.

None of my imaginary friends wear two sweaters at the same time.

Something about cloned chickens and leftovers.

SQUINTO!

#FB0039 Thanks, RB.






Animated Cartoons

 Read about it here . #FB00838 .